Winning Food Sovereignty and Climate Justice: A Community Exchange between Local and Global South Social Movements
An amazing opportunity to meet and learn form social leaders from Haiti, Mali, South Africa, and Brazil.
They will share lessons about local organizing and meet/learn from social movement leaders in the Global South, working toward food sovereignty and climate justice, including:
· Camille Chalmers of the Haitian Platform to Advocate Alternative Development (PAPDA-Haiti)
· Ibrahima Coulibaly of the National Conferation of Peasants/ La Vía Campesina (CNOP-Mali)
· Herschelle Milford of the Surplus People Project (South Africa)
· Lawrence Mkhaliphi of Biowatch (South Africa)
· Rita Zanotto of the Landless Workers Movement/ La Vía Campesina (MST-Brazil)
Refreshments, interpreting,and childcare will be available.
PODER, POWER, Movement Generation, Urban Tilth, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance, IDEX, and Grassroots International
For more information, contact katherinez [at] idex [dot] org, or call Katherine at 415-824-8384