Help berry workers get back to work today by calling Sakuma
CALL IN Day is today.
Call Sakuma Berry Farms at 360 757 6611
Why? 400 families of Indigenous Farm Workers organized as Familias Unidas por la Justicia and accompanied by C2C (a founding member of USFSA) are standing tall in response to Disrespect and Exploitation! They are on strike! Their chosen leader and negotiator has been fired and is being defamed in a smear campaign.
Sakuma Berry Farm Management needs to hear from YOU! Ask to speak to Mr. Sakuma or to leave him a message.
Talking Points: (choose two or more!) Sakuma Berry Farms: 360 757 6611
1) I am _____________ (and I represent___________ (organization, church, alliance)), calling from ______________. would like to leave a message for the owner of Sakuma Berry Farms.
2) Negotiate in good faith! Sakuma Berry Farm management needs to return to negotiations to resolve this labor dispute.
3) Rehire Ramon Torres, the chosen leader of the farmworkers.
4) Farmworkers deserve respect and a living wage, and they need their jobs to be assured for next year.
5) We plan on boycotting Haagen-Dazs ice cream and Driscoll brand berry products and letting them know.
If you have time, you could make a second call to Haagen-Dazs (800)767-0120 or call Diane McIntyre, media contact for Nestle Foods 510-601-4338 diane [dot] mcintyre [at] us [dot] nestle [dot] com and a third call to Driscoll: 800 871 3333
or leave a written message at http://www.haagendazs.com/Home/ContactUs/ Demand that Haagen-Dazs demand that Sakuma Berry Farms abide by the Nestle/Haagen-Dazs Code for Suppliers and respect the rights of the farmworkers to associate and bargain collectively. Sakuma Berry Farm managements must negotiate in good faith with the farm workers.
Let Rosalinda know you support this campaign! Consider making a donation. And read more on the C2C websites below.
Contact: Rosalinda Guillen
Community to Community Development
Phone (360) 738-0893
decomunidad [at] qwestoffice [dot] net
203 W. Holly, Ste 317
Bellingham, WA 98225