The Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnership with movements working for social change.
(Read more ...)
In the spotlight
What is genetic engineering of crops good for? Anything that ails consumers, farmers or the environment, if we believe biotechnology publicists. The opening media event at BIO 2004, the industry's promotional show in San Francisco, features a celebrity-chef brunch with a panel on "Biotech Solutions for Obesity."
Also available in PDF format
by John Feffer
"There is no other way for Slovenian agriculture except sustainable agriculture."
-- MARTA HRUSTEL MAJCEN,
The Indian government and the World Bank have lauded India's economic performance. But a new report from Food First/Institute for Food and Development Policy shows that this performance has touched only a sliver of the population and bypassed the majority of farmers, India's economic backbone.
A group of United States senators is trying to forge changes in the Middle East via a new trade program that would open those markets to US goods and agricultural products, while rewarding nations that support the Bush administration's "war on terrorism."
The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) is the world's largest trade lobbying organization for the biotechnology industry.
Food First's blog
In the Media
- 06/01/2013 - 10:00am - 06/02/2013 - 7:00pm
- 06/08/2013 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- 06/08/2013 - 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- Professional Certificate in Leadership for Sustainable Food Systems The Necessary [r]Evolution for Sustainable Food Systems06/10/2013 (All day) - 06/28/2013 (All day)
- 06/15/2013 - 11:00am - 6:30pm
- 06/15/2013 - 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- 06/19/2013 - 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- 06/24/2013 (All day) - 06/28/2013 (All day)