The Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnership with movements working for social change.
(Read more ...)
In the spotlight
An interview by Christine Ahn. published by the Korea Policy Institute, March 19, 2013
Tunis 2013: If we rely on corporate seed, we lose food sovereignty
Via Campesina - March 31, 2013
It has become crucial to defend seeds. In the past 20 or 30 years, what was once seen as normal – peasant farmers growing, selecting, saving and exchanging seeds – has come under attack from corporations seeking to control and commodify the very basis of agriculture.
This was the subject of the session at the World Social Forum in Tunis on Peasant Seeds jointly organized on March 28, 2013 by La Vía Campesina, GRAIN and the ETC Group.
The Four Steps Required to Keep Monsanto OUT of Your Garden
Blog by Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist
Seed catalogs are starting to arrive in mailboxes across the Northern Hemisphere with home gardeners everywhere starting to plan which seeds they will sow in their spring gardens.
A positive trend in recent years is the growing number of gardening enthusiasts choosing to plant gardens using organic and/or heirloom seeds.
Food First's blog
In the Media
- Students say “Occupy Your Plate”, converge at retreat to grow food cooperatives on campuses nationwide01/06/2012 - 8:00am - 01/08/2012 - 5:00pm
- 01/10/2012 - 6:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:15am - 01/21/2012 - 11:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/22/2012 - 9:30am - 11:00am
- 01/23/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/26/2012 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm