The Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnership with movements working for social change.
(Read more ...)
In the spotlight
A presentation by Dr. Hassimi Oumarou Maiga (Ph.D. University of Caen, France; MA, Stanford University)
Thursday, April 25, 2013, 4 P.M.
San Francisco State University,
Dr Maiga is distinguished Research Professor, Emeritus, University of Bamako, Mali; President & Director of Research, Institute for Applied Research & Development in Africa, Gao-Mali; Vice-President, The Academy for Diaspora Literacy, Atlanta GA.
Author, Balancing Written History with Oral Tradition: The Legacy of the Songhoy People (NY: Routledge, 2010).
Since April 1, 2013 Food First has been conducting a fundraising drive to help hungry farmers get back to feeding themselves and their families. Drought and conflict have taken a heavy toll. But now it's time to plant. And you can help.
On April 11, we met our goal of $5,000 and raised that goal to $10,000.
You can help us meet this new goal. Donations received on April 24 will receive a 15% match. Learn more about Food First's seeds and pumps campaign at http://goto.gg/13625
Your donation in April 2013 will purchase local vegetable, rice and melon seeds villagers in Gao-Mali urgently need to plant NOW, plus water pumps to grow food for 3,000 women, children and elderly there, who have already faced brutal destruction of all public services over the past year.
Food First's blog
In the Media
- 06/01/2013 - 10:00am - 06/02/2013 - 7:00pm
- 06/08/2013 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- 06/08/2013 - 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- Professional Certificate in Leadership for Sustainable Food Systems The Necessary [r]Evolution for Sustainable Food Systems06/10/2013 (All day) - 06/28/2013 (All day)
- 06/15/2013 - 11:00am - 6:30pm
- 06/15/2013 - 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- 06/19/2013 - 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- 06/24/2013 (All day) - 06/28/2013 (All day)
- 06/27/2013 - 1:00pm - 2:00pm