The Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnership with movements working for social change.
(Read more ...)
In the spotlight
By Eric Holt-Giménez, Executive Director, Food First
December 6, 2013
Today we honor the people of South Africa, whose father Madiba—Nelson Mandela—has passed. We honor them because Madiba’s greatness was rooted in the irreversible South African desire for freedom, justice and dignity. He “led by following” the spirit of his own people and in doing so, led many of us to be more than we believed we could be.
The commodification of food and agriculture through the World Trade Organisation destroys the livelihood of small-scale food producers all over the world.
As we mark ten years since Lee Kyung Hae's self sacrifice outside the WTO in Cancun, read about the new threat of the WTO Bali package and the resistance of People's movements.
Editorial: WTO Kills Farmers
Food First's blog
In the Media
- Students say “Occupy Your Plate”, converge at retreat to grow food cooperatives on campuses nationwide01/06/2012 - 8:00am - 01/08/2012 - 5:00pm
- 01/10/2012 - 6:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:15am - 01/21/2012 - 11:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/22/2012 - 9:30am - 11:00am
- 01/23/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/26/2012 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm