The Institute for Food and Development Policy/Food First analyzes the root causes of global hunger, poverty, and ecological degradation and develops solutions in partnership with movements working for social change.
(Read more ...)
In the spotlight
The commodification of food and agriculture through the World Trade Organisation destroys the livelihood of small-scale food producers all over the world.
As we mark ten years since Lee Kyung Hae's self sacrifice outside the WTO in Cancun, read about the new threat of the WTO Bali package and the resistance of People's movements.
Editorial: WTO Kills Farmers
Peasant seeds, and seed diversity are at the root of food sovereignty
As countless farmers, farmworkers, urban growers, and consumers across the globe celebrated the International Day of Action for Food Sovereignty in October, an overwhelming number are celebrating seeds as pillar for food sovereignty. After all, according to ETC Group, 80-90% of seeds are sourced outside of commercial markets, that is to say through peasant seed systems, and farm-saved seeds.
Food First's blog
In the Media
- Students say “Occupy Your Plate”, converge at retreat to grow food cooperatives on campuses nationwide01/06/2012 - 8:00am - 01/08/2012 - 5:00pm
- 01/10/2012 - 6:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:15am - 01/21/2012 - 11:30pm
- 01/19/2012 - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- 01/19/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/22/2012 - 9:30am - 11:00am
- 01/23/2012 - 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- 01/26/2012 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm